The symposium on “Plastics Heritage“ provides an interdisciplinary forum for all aspects of plastics history. The aim is to bring together people from different areas of plastics heritage in order to deliver and to obtain new insights in and from the different topics and to elucidate their significance also for possible modern developments.
Symposium "Plastics Heritage"
- Plastics history (polymers, plastics, processing, applications, companies)
- Plastics heritage (in art, design, everyday’s and technical objects, architecture)
- Collecting plastics objects
- Conservation of plastics heritage (artefacts, technical heritage, material characterisation)
- Conservation with polymers (adhesives, coatings etc.)
- Documentation, reproduction (archives, data bases, digital scanning, 3D-printing etc.)
- Silvia Garcia Fernandez-Villa, Madrid
- Virginie Kollmann-Caillet, Oyonnax
- Susan Mossman, London
- Thea Van Oosten, Amsterdam
Synthetic Lacquers and other Coatings
Saturday morning, 29 October 2016
The Special Session will enable oral and poster presenters to report and discuss on the use, ageing and conservation of and with synthetic lacquers and other coatings, with a focus on modern material systems.